Time for Kentucky to put that disheartening Texas A&M game in the rear view mirror and bounce back in Tuesday’s match-up with SEC rival Tennessee. To help prepare you for the game, we’ll do a quick run down of the “low-down dirty snitches” from the Big Orange.
- Record: 8-6, (0-2 SEC)
- Strength of Schedule: 58th toughest in the country
- Best Win: vs. #23 Wichita State (W 69-60)
- Notable Losses: vs. #20 Georgetown (L 36-37), vs. Memphis (L 80-85)
- Ken Pomeroy Ratings: Ranked 93th Overall in NCAA Division I
- Tennesse Points Per Game: 65.2 (Ranked 236th)
- Kentucky Points Per Game: 77.4 (Ranked 31st)
- Head Coach: Kenzo Martin (2nd year)
Cuonzo Martin became Tennessee’s 18th men’s basketball coach after leading Missouri State to the Missouri Valley Conference regular season championship in 2010-11. Martin is 27-21 in his second year as the head coach at UT.
- Tennessee, head coach, 2011-Present
- Missouri State, head coach, 2008-11
- Purdue, assistant, 2000-08
Best Player: #5 Jarnell Stokes (Sophomore, 6’8″. 270lbs.)
- 11.2 points per game
- 7.7 rebounds per game
- 1.1 assist per game
Vegas Spread: Kentucky 14.5 favorite
In my opinion, that is an incredible high spread considering the Cats have had difficulty putting away opponents. I anticipate a close game in the first half with UK pulling away in the second to a 8 point victory.
My Pick: UK 67 – UT 59