Now that football season is over. It’s time for some basketball. Call it our simple minds, but we can really give you top quality information one sport at a time. Now that Louisville Football has won the Sugar Bowl it’s time for some round ball. Don’t worry Cat fans, your update Drinking Game Edition will be released tomorrow…..just in time for Vanderbilt.
Editor’s Note: The following outline/idea comes courtesy of@FakeJoeDooley on Twitter. Give him a follow if you don’t already. We at CardsandCats.com endorse these rules wholeheartedly and look forward to partaking in such festivities over some Falls City & Blue Moon just added to the fridge. Cheers!
I. THE “PLAYER DRAFT”
Before the game begins, you must conduct a player “draft.” You’re responsible for draft order. Drafters choose from one of the FIVE following players: Peyton Siva, Russ Smith, Wayne Blackshear, Chane Behanan, and Gorgui Dieng. If you have more than FIVE people you choose a player that has already been chosen (two people may have the same starter). If a starter above is injured/replaced in the starting line-up (as is the case tonight with Chane Behanan) make his replacement eligible. Don’t worry about the reserve players. They’ll come into play later on.
II. YOUR INDIVIDUAL DRAFTED PLAYER RULES: (Refer to the draft)
All of Section II is specific to your drafted starting player.
- Drink one (1) for every point your drafted player scores (E.g., You drafted Behanan and he makes a layup – drink two; or, you drafted Russ and he makes a 3-pointer – drink three). Always remember that these drinks are not meant to be a burden. It’s a celebration. We just freaking scored.
Each starter has a SUPERPOWER. This superpower is specific to only that player. When your drafted player uses his superpower in the course of the game, you give drinks out instead of take them. The individual superpowers are as follows:
- Peyton Siva: Every time Siva makes a crazy pass (good or bad), you give out two (2) drinks to anyone in the room. Give them the Pitino stare down until they finish their drinks.
- Russ Smith: If Russ makes anyone in the room say “Noooo, Yes!!!!” during a Russ moment give out five (5) drinks. If Russ is unsuccessful, give out three (3). Make sure to say, “Every Day I’m Russlein’ ” to the individual receiving the drinks. “I’m a Rustler Baby!” is also acceptable. Any of the parties saying, “Noooo….Yes!” on a successful Russ Smith basket must buy Waffle House for the group after the game and will be referred to as “Sugar Grits” until the clock reaches 0:00.
- Chane Behanan: Every time Chane makes a “hustle play” (e.g., takes a charge, attempts a charge, flops, drops, dives, or scrambles),give out three (3) drinks to anyone in the room. Indicate that you are distributing the drinks to the other kisses by blowing kisses and winking in their direction.
- Gorgui Dieng: Every time the Gorgs has a blocked shot, give out three (3) drinks. Feel free to rub it in by giving the recipient the Dikembe Mutombo finger wag with a deep taunting laugh.
- Wayne Blackshear: Every time Blackshear stops for a mid-range shot give out two (2) drinks. If he makes the basket, give out three (3) drinks. Distribute the drinks by throwing fast food wrappers. 1 wrapper=1 drink.
Special Individual Player Rules: (Rare individual player rules)
These are rare instances that your drafted player may play a part in during the course of a game. Watch for these both for your player and other players in the room.
- Technical Foul: Drink 10 if your drafted player gets a technical foul. Also punch your neighbor and give him or her 10 as well (don’t need to inflict real pain, but it’s your world). You may spread these 10 around the room if you’d prefer.
- Posterized: If your drafted player posterizes another team’s player, give out 5 drinks to the room. If you get up and re-enact the play, give out 15. If player gets technical while giving the stare down make sure to add drinks from technical foul rule.
- Career High: If your drafted player achieves a career high in points, you can give out drinks to the room up to that total (e.g., if any player bests his career high by scoring 29 points, you give out 29 drinks).
III. UNIVERSAL TEAM RULES: (Everyone in the room takes part in these)
Everyone in the room will take part in the following rules. These are meant to be community rules and are separate from the individual drafted player rules.
- Every time a Louisville three-point basket is made, everyone has to throw up the 3-point sign in the air. The LAST player to do it has to drink 5.
- If they televise a slow motion replay of a block/charge, you have the option of doing a 10-second waterfall or getting up and doing a reenactment with your neighbor. If you choose the latter, have no regard for the coffee table, drink, or your neighbors that live below you.
- If a Louisville player is injured during a game and they are deemed out for the remainder by the television crew (or radio) get out the bourbon and finish the bottle.
Pizza Commercial Rule:
- If your television shows a pizza commercial, take one (1) drink and order another pizza. No pizza days off.
IV. RESERVE RULES: (THE DARK SLIME, BAUMANN, & BOND RULES)
- If any of the above mentioned players enter the game in the first half of play, everyone drink ten (10) for each. If they enter the game in the second half, everyone drink five (5).
- If any of these four players score at any point in the game, everyone drink the amount equal to the points scored (E.g., Nunez hits a 3-pointer, everyone drink 3).
- If any of these players miss a dunk, finish your drink.
*Rule Changes*: All of these rules may be adjusted accordingly with the eligible players who return from injury as necessary.
V. TWITTER Participation
- Send us @CardsandCatscom@FakeJoeDooley pictures of your group playing this drinking game and use the hashtag#DooleyDrinkingGame. If it’s an especially good example of how the game is to be played, it will be retweeted. If your picture is retweeted, give out twenty (20) drinks courtesy of me.
NOTE: This is supposed to be FUN! Change the rules at your party. DESIGNATE A DRIVER & Go CARDS!
Yellow Taxi: 636-5511
Green Cab: 635-6400
Ready Cab: 451-4114
City Scoot: 566-6384